- 2021.02 URLSessionConfiguration Quick Guide Interesting properties:
- 2020.08 Working with an Internet Connection on iOS with Swift: Best Practices explains how to use Adaptable Connectivity APIs, Low Data mode
- 2020.06 HTTP in Swift Building a Swift HTTP framework (18 parts)
- 2020.03 Going Deep With Decodable explains how to solve some edge cases while parsing a network response (The data I actually care about is nested inside the response, I want some decoding to be able to fail without bringing down the whole process, and without ending up with lots of optionals, My type is decodable, but the JSON keys for some fields are different depending on which API endpoint I’m calling, I need to know about decoded data item X, when I’m decoding data item Y)
- 2019.08 Writing an Elegant and Extensible Network Stack in Swift. Also has 2nd part: Adding Advanced Features to your Network Stack in Swift
- 2019.05 Building Breather (Part 3) Managing networking with RxMoya and handling errors with RxSwift’s retry and materialize
- 2017.09 A Simple Approach to Thread-Safe Networking in iOS Apps
- 2017.03 Network Layers in Swift Well written, nice use of protocols. Separates networking in Building the request, Executing the request, Parsing the response and Performing Operations.
- 2017.02 Isolating tasks in Swift, or how to create a testable networking layer Uses RXSwift
- 2016.07 How do I build a Network Layer Refers to
NSOperationQueues and Core Data. Sample code.
- 2015.08 Lightweight networking in Objective-C Writen in “Swifty” Objective-C with protocols and extensions, very similar to Moya (without the enums). Created as a framework, also provides unit tests.
Handling tokens / 401 errors