Books & Courses
- Dan Grossman’s Programming Languages
- Apprenticeship Patterns: Guidance for the Aspiring Software Craftsman by Dave Hoover, Adewale Oshineye
Tools & Utilities
- NWPusher OS X and iOS application and framework to play with the Apple Push Notification service (APNs). Similar to Knuff.
- SwiftInfo is a simple CLI tool that extracts, tracks and analyzes metrics that are useful for Swift apps. Besides the default tracking options that are shipped with the tool, you can customize SwiftInfo to track pretty much anything that can be conveyed in a simple .swift script.
- Google’s Style Guide for Swift
- Localization in Swift like a Pro explains how to use BartyCrouch.
- SwiftGen: a tool to auto-generate Swift code for resources of your projects, to make them type-safe to use. Generate code (enums, constants, etc) for:
- Assets Catalogs
- Storyboards and their Scenes
- Icon Generator: An electron.js app used for generating app icons
- Your Calendrical Fallacy Is…: Helping you navigate the insane complexity of calendrically correct date and time operations
- Why Why Why Why Your iOS App Might Act Weird around New Year’s
- Shell Scripts Matter
- iOS-factor was inspired by the famous twelve-factor app framework, a methodology to write high-quality web services. iOS-factor uses the same structure and similar principles, re-written and applied to the iOS app development processes.
- ValidatedPropertyKit enables you to easily validate your properties with the power of Property Wrappers.
- Feather: Simply beautiful open source icons
- 2019.11 A Smart Feature Flagging System for iOS
- Swift String Cheat Sheet
- Writing High-Performance Swift Code
- Swift tips & tricks by Sundell ⚠️ This list is no longer being updated; moved here
- Using lazy properties in Swift
- The 3 Rules to Great Base View Controllers
- Secure iOS application development
- One Weird Trick to Lose Size
- Every Programmer Should Know A collection of (mostly) technical things every software developer should know.
- My wonderful world of macOS
- The Ultimate Guide To iPhone Resolutions
- Fantastic iOS Architecture
- Adaptivity is an app for developers and designers to visualise how iOS’s Size Classes and margins for layout, readable content and the safe area look on real devices and how they change with respect to orientation, iPad Slide Over/Split View and Dynamic Type size changes. There are also screens to explore System Colors and, on iOS/iPadOS 13 or macOS, System Images and System Materials.
- Breather is an open-source iOS app that shows the weather, air pollution and asthma conditions around you.
- Spend Stack
- 2019.09 How to Make Good Code Reviews Better
- 2019.08 Developers mentoring other developers: practices I’ve seen work well
- 2019.08 How to maintain the focus as a software developer?
- 2019.06 #52 XP – Speaking the same language eXtreme Programming
- 2019.05 Why Projects Need Code Names
- 2019.04 I’m quitting engineering: An exit interview
- 2017.03 How Slack Supports Junior Engineers
- iOS Good Practices (futurice)
- How to Write a Git Commit Message
- iOS Retrospectives
- On Empathy & Pull Requests
- One on One
- The Vital Guide to Swift Interviewing
- How to fail as a new engineering manager
- What Most Remote Companies Don’t Tell You About Remote Work